A man died when his house exploded in a north Austin, Texas, neighborhood.
Austin Fire Battalion Chief Thayer Smith says witnesses reported the explosion about 8:30 a.m. Monday, and firefighters arrived to find the house engulfed in flames. Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services spokesman Warren Hassinger says a 55-year-old man who lives next door was hospitalized in critical condition with inhalation burns.
No identities have been released.
Neighbor Jim Winwood, tells the Austin American-Statesman that the house that exploded had had a gas leak for at least two weeks. Mary Holt, who lives across the street from the shattered house, said she had smelled gas for several months.
Texas Gas Services spokeswoman Lori Moreno said the company is investigating those complaints.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.