The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation (TDI-DWC) approved the renewal of the Certificates of Authority for 13 companies to self-insure for workers’ compensation claims for a one-year period under the TDI-DWC Self-Insurance Regulation program.
These 13 companies collectively employ approximately 21,657 employees in Texas. To qualify to self-insure, a company must have a minimum workers’ compensation insurance unmodified manual premium of $500,000 and meet other requirements subject to annual review.
The following 13 companies received renewals of existing self-insurance certificates:
- AAA Cooper Transportation, Dothan, Ala.
- American Electric Power Co., Heath, Ohio
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Co., Decatur, Ill.
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Kansas City, Kan.
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Co., Wilmington, Del.
- Emerson Electric, St. Louis, Mo.
- FedEx Freight, Harrison, Ark.
- Guardian Industries Corp., Auburn Hills, Mich.
- International Paper Co., Memphis, Tenn.
- Sam Kane Beef Processors, Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Sherwin-Williams Co., Cleveland, Ohio
- Unique Staff Leasing I, Ltd., Corpus Christi, Texas
- VF Corp., Greensboro, N.C.
Source: Texas Department of Insurance, www.tdi.state.tx.us/
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.