Falling Ice May Have Caused Michigan Barn Fire

February 21, 2014

Officials say a Lansing, Mich., barn fire appears to have started after falling ice from the roof damaged a natural gas meter.

Crews responded about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday to the steel pole barn a construction business in Ingham County’s Delhi Township.

No one was injured.

The Lansing State Journal reports the investigation is ongoing, but it appears falling ice from the roof of the pole barn damaged a gas meter, causing a leak and sparking the fire. Township Fire Chief Brian Ball says the fire was quickly contained.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.