Michigan Lawsuit over Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Settled

May 25, 2012

A more than $2 million settlement has been accepted in the case of a Michigan man who was permanently disabled by carbon monoxide poisoning in Wisconsin.

The Daily Telegram of Adrian reports 60-year-old Larry Brenke of Lenawee County will get payments from four companies following the 2009 poisoning, which happened in a recreational vehicle parked in Tomah, Wis. The settlement was accepted this week in Circuit Court.

The RV’s owner, Allen Smith and a construction company, agreed to pay $1 million. The company that built the vehicle will pay another $1 million. Other companies will pay $75,000.

Brenke and another man accompanied Smith on the trip, and all three were sickened after their first night. Other portions of the lawsuit previously were settled.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.