Curling Iron Causes $40k Damage to Nebraska Home

November 28, 2011

A fire that drove a family of four from its Omaha home was caused by a curling iron.

KETV-TV reported the fire began in the home’s basement just before midnight Thursday.

Fire department officials say in a news release the fire was caused by a curling iron that had been left unattended. The fire was ruled accidental.

An adult and three children escaped from the home without injury. Damage was estimated at $40,000.

The fire was contained to the basement but smoke and water damage was reported in the house. The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.