North Dakota Family Survives Carbon Monoxide Scare

October 24, 2011

Members of a Fargo, N.D., family are recovering in a hospital after a carbon monoxide scare.

KVLY-TV reports that members of the Al and Shirley Shafer family became sick Thursday morning. Daughter Amanda ran off to buy a carbon monoxide detector, and it went off when she brought it back to the house. She and her brother Mike drove the rest of the family to the hospital, where Al and Shirley Shafer and their son Zach are still recovering.

Fire Department Assistant Chief LeRoy Skarloken says the family members had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their systems that over time could have been deadly.

Firefighter suspect the carbon monoxide came from a faulty furnace.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.