A fire at a Kenosha, Wis. Civil War museum caused smoke and water damage.
Kenosha Fire Battalion Chief Matt Haerter says the fire appeared to be active for hours before a maintenance worker heard alarms go off.
Authorities believe spontaneously combusting oil rags may have sparked the fire.
The sprinkler system appeared to have been on for hours and was able to keep the fire under control before firefighters extinguished the fire.
Haerter says a significant amount of smoke was produced.
The museum was due to open to the public, with its grand opening in June.
The museum’s director could not immediately be reached for comment.
Source: Kenosha News.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.