The last thing any boat or watercraft owner wants to worry about when enjoying the warm weather and sun this summer is having proper insurance coverage.
Nationwide Insurance is reminding consumers visiting the 2005 Columbus Sport, Vacation, and Boat Show at the Ohio Expo Center that now is the perfect time to make certain they cover their boat or watercraft for unexpected events.
“Right now is the best time for boat and watercraft owners to assess the adequacy of their insurance coverage,” Jack Ramsey, Nationwide Outdoor Performance Tour coordinator said. “As many boating enthusiasts start planning for the upcoming season, sufficient insurance coverage should be on the check list.”
Nationwide Insurance recommends boat and watercraft owners check their coverage to assess the following:
* Are you fully covered? Multiple policies with multiple carriers may
create gaps in coverage. During a claim is no time for consumers to
discover a gap in coverage. Now is the time to check with a Nationwide agent to make certain your property and family are covered against unexpected events.
* Do you require special coverage for boating and fishing equipment or
personal effects on and off your boat? From the angler with GPS and
fish finders to the recreational boater with water sports equipment and
personal items, Nationwide provides coverage for all types of boater
* Are you taking advantage of all available discounts for which you may be eligible? Nationwide provides discounts for qualifying consumers who purchase policies for home, auto, and items such as pleasure boats and watercraft.
In 2005, Nationwide Insurance now offers coverage for boats up to 50 feet in length and up to $250,000 in value. Nationwide’s new Pleasure Boatowners coverage comes with additional benefits such as:
* On Your Side service from a local agent, capable of handling all of your insurance needs.
* On Your Side claims response.
* Multi-policy discounts for qualifying Nationwide policyholders.
* Potential multi-boat discounts.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.