N.J. Resident’s Attempt to Oust Bees Sparks House Fire

September 9, 2014

A New Jersey resident’s attempt to get rid of bees sparked a house fire and left 10 firefighters with bee stings.

The resident had dumped hot coals in the backyard of the Washington Township home in Mercer County to try to get the bees to leave their hive on Sunday afternoon.

Deputy Chief Dan Schaffener tells the Times of Trenton the coals ignited a mulch pile, which caused the flames to spread to the rear of the home and into the attic.

It took firefighters about 25 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.