17 Sickened by Carbon Monoxide at Northeastern Pennsylvania Theater

October 17, 2013

Seventeen people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after attending a movie theater in northeastern Pennsylvania.

WNEP-TV reports the incident happened Friday night at The Berwick Theater. Berwick Hospital confirmed the number of people who were treated, and the theater’s owners acknowledged the incident on the theater’s Facebook page.

According to the theater’s owners, a blocked furnace flue caused the poisonous gas to leak into the theater through its projection room.

The theater’s owners say the problem has been fixed and they offered a free admission Saturday night to any firefighters or emergency responders who helped out on Friday night.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.