Fire at Vermont Welcome Center Caused by Heating Unit

March 27, 2013

A Vermont state official says repairs to a state welcome center being built in Bennington that caught fire on Friday will be covered by the contractor.

Vermont Buildings and General Services Commissioner Michael Obuchowski says a contractor’s heating unit started the fire on the outside of the building.

The fire was quickly put out.

Obuchowski told the Bennington Banner on Monday that electrical, structural and cosmetic repairs will need to be made.

He says he hopes that the work won’t delay the opening planned for mid-summer.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.