Grill Blamed for Virginia Apartment Fire

July 11, 2012

Prince William County, Va., authorities say a propane grill in an apartment is to blame for displacing nearly 100 residents in a four-alarm fire this week.

Fire department spokeswoman Rebecca Barnes says the grill in a third-floor apartment triggered the blaze Thursday evening at the Woodbridge Station Apartments on Eisenhower Circle. The fire has been ruled accidental.

No residents were seriously injured. But three firefighters were taken to the hospital for injuries.

Authorities say the fire spread to an adjoining building. The buildings have been condemned, leaving nearly 100 residents displaced.

Officials say 25 residential units were damaged.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.