Wood Stove Fire Leads to $100K in Damage to Delaware House

December 10, 2010

Fire officials say a blaze has caused $100,000 in damage to a house in Delaware City, Delaware.

The fire was reported about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. At least six fire company battled the blaze and brought it under control in about an hour.

There were no injuries.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says the blaze was accidental. The homeowner started a fire in a wood stove and later smelled smoke and saw fire in the ceiling.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.