The New York Giants have been sued by a woman and her husband who claim she was attacked by fans during a New York Jets game played at Giants Stadium last year.
Michelle Munoz says she attended the Sept. 20 game against the New England Patriots and was assaulted by Jets fans and thrown to the ground, causing her to suffer back injuries.
The suit, filed in late July, names the Giants and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which operated Giants Stadium. The stadium was torn down this year to make way for a new stadium that is owned by the Giants and Jets.
The Jets were not sued.
Evan Foulke, an attorney for the Munozes, said his clients notified security personnel at halftime about fans who were becoming unruly, but that no action was taken. The incident occurred near the end of the game, a 16-9 Jets win, and left Michelle Munoz with cervical spine injuries, according to the lawsuit.
The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Through spokesmen, the Giants and the sports authority declined comment on the suit Monday.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
New York Homes Most Exposed to Hurricane Risk, Beating Miami
34,000 PG&E Customers Without Power on California Fire Risk
The Big Dog Is Off the Tech Porch: State Farm as ‘Next Gen Good Neighbor’