Delaware Fire Causes $500K in Damage

July 13, 2010

Fire officials say an electrical malfunction caused a house fire in Bethany Beach, Delaware that caused half a million dollars in damage.

It happened Thursday about 10 p.m. on Sandpiper Road. Several fire departments responded and encountered heavy smoke and fire on the first floor.

Officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors, but the occupants smelled smoke and fled.

No injuries were reported.

Officials say the fire began in the bathroom.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.