Worker Injured in New Hampshire Mall Electric Panel Fire

March 16, 2010

A man working on an electrical panel at the Mall of New Hampshire was injured in a fire that forced the evacuation of the mall and temporary closure of most of its stores and restaurants.

The New Hampshire Union Leader reports that the fire broke out Friday afternoon when the man was inspecting a breaker panel in the mall’s electrical room. Simon Property Group, which operates the mall, says there was no damage other than to the panel itself.

The mall was briefly evacuated, and the food court and stores on the north side of the building were closed for the rest of the day.

The man suffered second- and third-degree burns on his hands, face and chest.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.