Fire at Wilmington Newspaper Accidental

February 12, 2010

Investigators have determined that a fire that forced the evacuation of a Wilmington newspaper company was caused by an equipment malfunction.

Investigators said the malfunction Monday afternoon led to a fire in the dust collector system in the press room of The News Journal of Wilmington.

Damage was estimated at $100,000. One person was taken to Christiana Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.