Space Heater Cited as Cause of Deadly Virginia Fire

February 5, 2010

A Hampton fire official says a malfunctioning space heater caused a mobile home fire that killed three children.

The children’s parents and an 8-year-old sister escaped the fire, which occurred Tuesday night.

Hampton fire department Lt. Anthony Chittum says the space heater was located in the middle of the mobile home.

Friends and relatives planned to hold a candlelight vigil Wednesday night for the victims. They’ve been identified as 9-month-old Jose Tristan Jr., 2-year-old Marilyn Tristan and 3-year-old Victor Tristan.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.