Deep-Frying Turkey Sparks House Fire in New York Suburb

November 30, 2009

Fire officials say oil from a deep-fried Thanksgiving Day turkey sparked a house fire in suburban New York.

There were no injuries reported in Wednesday’s fire at the North Babylon home. Firefighters were there for about two hours.

The North Babylon fire chief says the family put the turkey in too fast and the oil boiled over, sparking flames. The home’s exterior and rear deck were damaged.

The fire started to spread inside but firefighters stopped it. The home is habitable.

Fire officials say the family is headed to a relative’s for holiday dinner. The family was not identified.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.