Seven Wedding Guests Fall Ill at New Hampshire Wedding Reception

October 7, 2009

Seven wedding guests have been taken to the hospital after fainting or feeling sick at a New Hampshire reception, and safety officials are investigating possible carbon monoxide exposure.

Meredith Fire Chief Ken Jones says the victims appear to be doing well after being treated at a hospital in the town about 40 miles north of Concord.

Jones says an ambulance was called to an American Legion hall late Saturday afternoon after someone fainted. He says after the ambulance arrived, three more guests passed out.

Three others were taken to the hospital after feeling weak and nauseous.

Jones says the victims were all near the rear of the hall during the wedding reception.

The building was cleared and will be closed until the heating and cooling systems are checked.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.