Man Electrocuted in New York City

August 7, 2009

Authorities say a man was been accidentally electrocuted in Queens on Wednesday morning.

Fire officials say witnesses said the man had been electrocuted before going into cardiac arrest.

New York Hospital Queens spokesman Scott Sieber said the victim, 27-year-old William Barrett, was pronounced dead right after arriving at the hospital.

Barrett reportedly was replacing shingles on the roof of a home when he was fatally injured. Fire officials say witnesses said the man fell two stories.

Police and officials from the buildings department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are at the scene investigating.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.