Authorities say a man was been accidentally electrocuted in Queens on Wednesday morning.
Fire officials say witnesses said the man had been electrocuted before going into cardiac arrest.
New York Hospital Queens spokesman Scott Sieber said the victim, 27-year-old William Barrett, was pronounced dead right after arriving at the hospital.
Barrett reportedly was replacing shingles on the roof of a home when he was fatally injured. Fire officials say witnesses said the man fell two stories.
Police and officials from the buildings department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are at the scene investigating.
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Odey Settles Sexual Assault Cases Ahead of London Trial
Hedge Funds Make Their Move as Litigation Finance Assets Slump
For Carriers, AI Can Now Mean Hyper-Personalized Customer Service, Leaders Say
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs