One Hospitalized after Delaware Fire Started by Candle

February 26, 2009

Fire officials say a candle started a fire in an apartment building in the Holly Oak area that sent one man to a hospital.

The fire in a second-floor apartment was reported around 10 p.m. Monday at the Riverview Apartments, in the first block of Golden Acres Drive

Firefighters contained the fire to the living room of that apartment.

One man was taken to Christiana Hospital suffering from minor smoke inhalation.

Deputy Fire Marshal Alan Brown says the fire was started by a burning candle. He says it was ruled accidental.

Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.