A man claims that he was nearly cut when he found a knife baked into the bun of a cold-cut 12-inch sandwich he bought at a Subway restaurant in New York City.
John Agnesini says he knew his lunch didn’t taste right. The 27-year-old says he was horrified to find a 7-inch serrated blade in the bread.
He says it was protruding into the half of the sandwich he was about to start chomping on and that it “could’ve slashed” the side of his mouth.
Instead, he says he fell ill with “severe stomach issues” for hours after eating. He attributes it to food poisoning from the embedded blade.
Subway restaurants spokesman Kevin Kane says food safety and customer comments are taken “very seriously” and that the company is “investigating the facts.”
Information from: New York Post
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.