Delaware fire investigators say a fire at a vacant home in Sussex County earlier this week was intentionally set, the ninth arson at a vacant home in the area over two months.
This Monday’s fire was reported around 1:30 a.m. in the 36000 block of Old Stage Road in Delmar.
Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Randall Lee says they’re linking the nine fires, but since a couple are different from the rest, investigators aren’t sure if one or more arsonists are involved. He says they have eliminated some suspects.
The rash of fires started May 24, with three separate blazes.
___
Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
NTSB Says UPS Didn’t Act After 2011 Boeing Letter on Defect
Iran Starts Bitcoin-Backed Ship Insurance for Hormuz Strait
Half of Pilots Killed in US Accidents Tested Positive for Drugs
Verisk Report Shows Drop in US Reconstruction Costs in 2Q