Delaware Candle Fire Causes $40K in Damage at 2 homes

May 21, 2008

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office says two homes suffered $40,000 in damage after someone left a candle unattended.

The office said the fire started Sunday in the bedroom of a home east of Rehoboth Beach. Firefighters from Lewes, Indian River and Rehoboth Beach found heavy smoke when they arrived.

The home where the fire started suffered most of the damage. But the fire marshal says the home next door was damaged because of exposure to heat.

No one was injured.

The Red Cross is helping those displaced by the fire.


Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.