$30M Suit Filed In Md. Hotel Carbon Monoxide Deaths

February 21, 2008

A Lebanon, Pa., woman whose husband and 10-year-old daughter were killed by a carbon monoxide leak at an Ocean City, Maryland motel room has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against four companies.

The lawsuit seeking $30 million dollars in damages was filed in U.S. District Court in Baltimore.

Patrick Boughter and his daughter Kelly were killed at a Days Inn motel in June 2006. Investigators determined the gas entered the room from a disconnected water heater pipe.

Yvonne Boughter and her other daughter survived. The suit names the motel owner, Bay Shore Development Corp.; the water heater manufacturer, Heat Transfer Products; the business that sold it, R.E. Michel Co.; and the installer, All About Plumbing.

Bay Shore’s attorney did not return a call from The Daily Record seeking comment on Tuesday.


Information from: The (Baltimore) Daily Record,

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.