Three N.Y. Siblings Awarded $2.5 Million in Lead Poisoning

October 18, 2007

Three Albany children poisoned by lead in their former apartment buildings were awarded $2.5 million in a legal settlement, attorneys said this week.

Three of Maria Vasquez’ children were exposed to lead-based paint in several apartments owned by two different landlords in the 1990s, their lawyer, Peter Danziger, said Tuesday. Jasmine, Tina and Juan Vasquez, now in their teens, have learning disabilities likely caused by lead dust from peeling paint in the apartment, he said.

The settlement payments came from insurance policies held by the two sets of landlords, Sunanda and Ajay Sanghi and brothers Amarjit and Rajinder Narang. They no longer own rental properties in Albany, according to the Times Union of Albany.

Danziger said his firm, O’Connell and Aronowitz, has brought two other lead poisoning cases against the Narangs and seven against the Sanghis.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.