- LocationOakland, CA
- Posted OnJanuary 30, 2019
Avenica is currently recruiting for an Entry-Level Underwriting Trainee. The ideal candidates for this position are recent college graduates interested in gaining experience in client relations, communications, general business, and insurance. Great opportunities for professional development and career growth. No experience required.
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers; monitor the profitability and quality of submissions, and keep up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes
- Enhance knowledge and experience in underwriting techniques and decision-making methods, problem solving methods, sales and negotiating skills, with guidance from experienced underwriters and team leader
- Enter and maintain accurate account information in detailed record system
- Serve as the primary point of contact for servicing needs on active accounts
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers and business partners to provide high quality service to clients.
- Contribute to creating a dynamic team environment that achieves positive outcomes
- Provide top-notch customer service by maintaining a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Review collected information for completeness and accuracy and request additional information when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree is required – all majors encouraged to apply
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve best possible solutions
- Ability to understand client and business partner needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple concurrent project deadlines
- Prior customer service experience in retail, restaurant, or other business situations
Avenica is a national recruiting firm specializing in matching recent college graduates to entry-level, career-track positions within great. Using a proven, personalized process, we’re able to connect grads with opportunities that fit with their skills, career goals, and interests. Regardless of your major or experience level; whether you’re right out of college and looking for your first real job, or a few years out and looking to redirect your career, we’ll help you identify your transferable skills, discuss potential career options, and coach you on your resume and interview skills. To learn more, visit our website at www.Avenica.com.
Avenica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. Avenica does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.