- CompanyGreat West Casualty Company
- LocationMeridian, ID
- Posted OnMay 1, 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing, stable, industry leader where you will directly contribute to the long-term success of a company?
Due to an internal promotion, we now have an exciting opportunity as an Underwriting Manager in our Boise, Idaho, office.
Boise is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. Its thriving neighborhoods and downtown area make this university and capital city a favorite destination in the West. You will lead and coach a team of underwriters in our western regional office, part of a stable, strengths-driven corporation focused on personal growth. You will use your expertise to build strong relationships and effectively communicate Great West’s mission of unequaled service as the nation’s largest commercial auto insurer.
You’ll collaborate with our Executive Vice President, using your 10+ years of insurance experience to manage growth, profitability, and outcomes. Your industry knowledge and ability to gain buy-in are key to succeeding in this exciting position.
- Develop continual and growing sources of profitable business through productive relationships with our agents, insureds, and corporate marketing.
- Lead, engage, develop, and coach a collaborative team of underwriters and supervisors.
- Collaborate with supervisors to set performance standards and review trends to drive best practices.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- 10 years professional experience in the property and casualty insurance industry. Underwriting experience required.
- Prior management or supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and influence others.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America’s largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us? We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- A formalized management development training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, and Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company