- CompanyAmerican Claims Management
- Posted OnNovember 15, 2021
Openings for American Claims Management (ACM) and USIS, Inc.
Full-time, part-time, flex hours, 100% remote. 5 wks paid vacation for full-timers.
We’re hiring high-performing Commercial Claims Adjusters with 5 years’ experience managing heavy commercial auto and/or trucking claims. You’ll handle and supervise complex and litigated liability claims, including high exposure trucking BI claims with a litigation component.
You’re responsible for investigating coverage, liability and damages plus negotiating with claimants, attorneys and other carriers through the life of the claim. You’ll maintain a pending and closing ratio of 100%, establish and maintain reserves and payments, present large loss reports and communicate with their manager plus internal and external customers.
- Determine, evaluate, investigate and resolve claims.
- Negotiate and settle large exposure liability claims.
- Prepare detailed reports and recommendations to clients.
- Interpret routine and complex policy contracts and coverage.
- Plan, organize and establish priorities to maintain various responsibilities under critical deadlines.
- Attend mediations and settlement conferences as necessary.
- Work with defense counsel to settle litigated claims, including monetary authority and strategy to ensure client’s money and claims are protected.
- Know current case law, statutory law, DOI regulations, etc. that apply to claims practices.
- 5 years’ experience handling commercial auto and/or trucking claims
- Ability to manage complex claims at every angle including litigation, coverage, damage analysis, experts, reserving, subrogation and risk transfer
- Ability to prepare detailed reports and recommendations to clients
- Ability to analyze and research legal and claim trends
- Ability to understand policies; strong reading, writing skills
- Legal experience
- Strong skills in negotiation, analytics and customer service
- Ability to review and interpret estimates
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Experience and licenses in at least one of these jurisdictions: CA, FL, TX, NY.
- Multiple state adjuster licenses
- Experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter
About ACM & USIS
We’re Brown & Brown Services, part of Brown & Brown, the 6th largest US broker and a Certified™ by Great Place to Work US® for the third year in a row. ACM & USIS are nationwide third-party claims management companies providing multi-line commercial and personal claims services.
- 5 weeks paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with matching program
- Stock options with employee discounts
- Health, Vision, Dental & Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, Vision, Dental, Commuter
- Life & ADD Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Assistance Services
- ID Theft Protection Services
- Employee assistance program
- Paid holidays, plus 2 personal days