- CompanyKeevily Spero Whitelaw, Inc
- LocationHarrison, New York
- Posted OnSeptember 10, 2021
Since 1928, Keevily has helped thousands of business and personal insurance clients make smarter, well-informed decisions about how they protect the things that matter most when unexpected events occur that can bring financial hardship or personal trauma. Longevity, experience, expertise and loyal customers are the defining features of Keevily | Spero Whitelaw insurance services. We are among a short list of exemplary professional insurance brokerages in the greater New York area.
We are looking to add to our fast pace claims department a Claims Associate. Ideal candidates would be a strong administrative person to support senior team members. This individual should be able to handle a super-fast- pace environment that requires quick turnaround and strong customer service skills. Administrative and verbal /written communication skills are required to assist with obtaining time-sensitive forms from clients, contacting medical providers for necessary reports and work with senior team to facilitate claims management.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Handling Personal and Commercial Multi-Line Claims (i.e. Automobile, Property, Casualty, Professional Liability, Workers Compensation, Disability, and PFL) from beginning to End.
- Assist clients in presenting their claims to the carriers.
- Address client concerns and act as their advocate when dealing with the insurance carrier’s Claims Department.
- Review and dispute carrier Denials, Disclaimers of Coverage, and Reservation of Rights Letters when necessary.
- Furnish Account Managers with Claim Summaries and Large Claim Reviews as requested.
- Provide back up to the Claims Manager.
- Other duties as assigned, as needs arise or as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take/receive first notice from client.
- Identify applicable coverage and set up claim in claim management system with a 24-hour turn around;
- Large losses (i.e. Fire, Floods, Automobile Accidents and all other claims involving injuries), and Summons and Complaints must be processed immediately.
- Workers Compensation and all rush claims must be called in to the carrier.
- Submit claim to the carrier with all supporting documents.
- Set up a follow up suspense, follow up accordingly; submit status to pertinent parties.
- Review files and Loss Runs periodically and as requested to ensure that claims are being properly reserved.
- This position is not, black and white, nothing is quantified. The claims associate must be able to bend with differing circumstances
- Put out fires as they come up. Each situation is different and the associate must be able to change gears quickly with the ultimate goal of satisfying the client’s expectations
- Conversations between manager, producer or clients on how best to address individual client’s claim concerns or issues
- Three to five years claims experience in a brokerage setting
- Broker’s License current
- Minimum 2 years college education
- Knowledge of agency management system AMS360/Work Smart
- Driver’s license and a car available if work takes the associate out of the office.