- LocationHopkinton, MA
- Posted OnJanuary 30, 2019
It’s an exciting time at Veruna! We are a start-up insurance software company that has launched a new insurance management system competing head on with the largest companies in the industry. Since our launch in 2016 we have won the “Insurance Innovation of the Year” by ACORD and are quickly growing. Our next challenge is to continue building a strong team that can give the best experience to insurance agencies in the industry. We need people that are passionate about being on the ground floor of a new company and willing to overcome new challenges.
If you are an Insurance Agency Accountant or Bookkeeper looking for a change of pace this might be the right opportunity for you! Veruna, Inc. is looking to fill a position immediately. It requires excellent insurance accounting, customer service and problem-solving skills.
The primary focus of this position will be to implement, train and answer support questions on the accounting functions of our software. Since we help streamline agencies it is important to have an understanding of insurance agency business and processes. This includes sales, production/operations, accounting, and financial reporting into a single, integrated software platform, it is imperative that you have a thorough understanding of insurance agency accounting and business operations. Knowledge of legacy agency management system accounting platforms is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on setup, training and support to end users on the Veruna Accounting features
- Ensure the clients are set up correctly and understand what is require of them in the system.
- Collaborate with agency contacts, client advocacy and product teams to arrive at the best software setup to meet their custom accounting practices as near as possible.
- Provide training and support to various agency personnel for each accounting software module.
- Provide additional hands on setup and conversion of data as deemed necessary for the situation.
- Assess agency training needs.
- Spend contact/hands-on training time with trainees on an individual or group basis.
- At least 3+ years of hands on agency accounting management experience on similar software products such as TAM, AMS360 or Epic
- Good customer service skills to work with people in stressful, timeline circumstances.
- Ability to communicate the business logic of the accounting software to meet the agency needs
- Analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform as as stakeholder to the Veruna product team on enhancements, bugs and other issues identified in the accounting features
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years prior experience in an insurance agency accounting or similar role
In return, Veruna offers an extremely competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, holidays and flexible work schedule.