Unattended Torch Sets Tucson Townhomes on Fire

October 7, 2014

Authorities in Tucson, Ariz., say families living in three townhomes were displaced by a fire started by an unattended torch.

Fire Capt. Barrett Baker says the torch set one unit’s back yard on fire Sunday and that the fire quickly spread into the eaves and attic space, causing severe fire and smoke damage to that unit and another.

According to Baker, the torch was being used to keep mosquitoes away and the residents forgot about the torch and left it unattended.

There were no reported injuries.

The American Red Cross says it responded to the scene to assist the families displaced by the fire.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.