Fire Causes $1.25M Damage to Historic Washington Home

July 1, 2014

The Seattle Fire Department says workers grinding metal caused an accidental fire that damaged an historic Seattle, Wash., home, causing $1.25 million in damage.

Fire spokesman Kyle Moore says the Tuesday afternoon attic fire in the city’s Capitol Hill neighborhood displaced 12 adults, a child and a dog. One firefighter was taken to a hospital with minor injuries after part of a ceiling fell on him.

Fire officials called for more help due to the size of the Prag House. Moore says at the height of the fire more than 100 firefighters were on scene.

The Seattle Times reports that property records show the house has more than 7,600 square feet, with 13 bedrooms and an assessed value of $2.8 million.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.