Gas Leak Blamed for Wyoming Assisted Living Center Blast

June 13, 2014

Fire investigators say an accidental gas leak is to blame for an explosion at an assisted living facility in Casper, Wyoming.

The blast happened Friday afternoon at the Meadow Wind assisted living facility. The blast burned a plumber who was working on a gas line. A facility resident suffered a knee injury during an evacuation.

The Casper Star-Tribune reports both were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Casper fire officials say the explosion caused an estimated $20,000 in damage but didn’t do any structural damage to the building.

More than 60 residents were bused to other assisted living facilities in Casper. All residents were able to return home by late Friday.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.