The family of a man who died last year in a Phoenix, Ariz., jail has filed a $3.25 million claim.
The Arizona Republic reports the attorney for Felix Martinez Torres’ family expects the case to become a lawsuit.
The family says Torres died from a stomach ulcer that went untreated as the result of deliberate indifference to his medical condition.
A Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s report released in February said the 47-year-old Torres died of natural causes last Oct. 6.
He was found unconscious in a cell at the Towers Jail, given CPR by staff members and Phoenix Fire Department paramedics and rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Torres was in jail on charges related to failing to appear in court and driving with a suspended license.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Snap, YouTube Settle School-Social Media Suit Ahead of Trial
New York Homes Most Exposed to Hurricane Risk, Beating Miami
Worst Start to Wildfire Season Raises Alarm as El Niño Threatens
Hedge Funds Make Their Move as Litigation Finance Assets Slump