Second Oregon Fire Started by Electrocuted Squirrel

September 24, 2013

A brush fire was sparked Sunday near , Ore., by a squirrel that was electrocuted by touching power lines.

The fire burned some trees and melted some plastic parts on a nearby camping trailer.

KTVZ reports it’s the second squirrel-related fire recently in Bend. Another squirrel picking a poor perch was killed Sept. 8 and started a small fire that knocked out power to hundreds in Bend’s Westside area for up to four hours.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.