Hot Glue Gun Causes Fire That Destroyed Idaho Building

May 16, 2013

Officials in Jerome, Idaho, say a fire that destroyed an apartment building and damaged two nearby buildings last month started when a woman accidentally left a hot glue gun on a plastic chair.

Fire Chief Jack Krill says a woman who lived in the apartments was using the hot glue gun to make pinatas on April 30. She set the glue gun down to help a customer and then left to pick up her children from school, forgetting she left it plugged in.

The fire spread from the apartment building to an adjacent restaurant and an office building.

Krill says the estimated damage to the buildings is more than $1 million.

Krill says the woman will not be cited for starting the fire because it was accidental. He did not release her name.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.