The father of a 12-year-old Klamath Falls girl who was burned in a freak fire at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital has hired a lawyer to sue the Portland hospital.
Stephen Lane told The Oregonian his daughter Ireland Lane is likely to need expensive care, such as a machine to help her breathe at night and possibly cosmetic surgery in the future.
Ireland suffered burns over 20 percent of her body when static electricity apparently ignited hand sanitizer she had used and olive oil that had been used to remove glue from leads for a brainwave test.
The chief medical officer for Oregon Health and Science University, which oversees Doernbecher, Dr. Chuck Kilo, noted that the fire marshal’s report does not blame Doernbecher for the fire.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.