Ford Motor Co. plans to appeal a decision awarding $2.9 million in damages to a Colorado man who was hurt in a 2009 accident.
Ford spokesman Jay Cooney told the Daily Camera on Tuesday that the auto maker is disappointed with the verdict and plans to appeal.
Attorneys in the case say a Boulder County jury ruled last week that a defective seat in Forrest Walker’s Ford Explorer led to his injuries.
Walker’s lawsuit said Walker’s seat dropped into a fully reclined position when his SUV was rear-ended, sending him head first into the back seat. The complaint says he sustained upper neck injuries and still has visual problems and cognitive and speaking deficiencies. He also gave up his job as a physical therapist.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.