Investigators are blaming a 1980s-era computer monitor for a fire that ravaged a Clearfield church this week.
The Standard-Examiner reports the old monitor had overheated and sparked the Tuesday afternoon blaze in the Clearfield Community Church library.
North Davis District Interim Fire Chief Mark Becraft estimated the damages at between $750,000 and $1 million.
Pastor John Parsley said the church has insurance to cover the costs, and received several offers of alternative meeting places to use while members are displaced.
He says the congregation is planning to meet this Sunday at Wasatch Elementary School.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.