Southern California Edison officials now say they don’t know what caused a power surge that fried appliances in 150 Riverside County homes.
Residents and fire officials reported that the March 8 surge fried circuits in refrigerators, washers, dryers, security systems and other devices.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise says Edison initially blamed the surge on a car hitting a power pole support wire. It says the company denied several homeowner damage claims.
However, company spokesman David Song said last week that Edison has discovered no car was involved and the cause of the surge remains under investigation.
Edison spokeswoman Vanessa McGrady says the rejected claims will be reviewed again once the cause of the surge has been determined.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
US Climate Prediction Center Sees 69% Chance of Historic El Niño
Hawaii Faces Rare Hurricane Strike as Storms Batter Indiana
Severe Thunderstorms Across US Midwest Trigger Flood Warnings
Product-Defect Presumption Lives On: Florida Appeals Court Upholds $103M vs. Ford