The First Party Claims Conference (FPCC) has gone bicoastal for the second year. FPCC West, a one-day seminar that is similar in format to the two and a half day October east coast event, will take place on March 12 at the Marina del Rey Hotel in Marina del Rey (Los Angeles), Calif.
FPCC West, co-presented by the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA) and the California Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (CAPIA), provides first party property insurance professionals with six continuing education (CE) credits in one day. CE credits are applicable for California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. Attorneys will receive a CLE application packet, to include full program information, a certificate of course completion and a uniform CLE course approval application.
“With the success of FPCC, held the past four years outside Providence, Rhode Island, there has been a growing interest in expanding the program to the West Coast. As a means to accomplish this, NAPIA and CAPIA have joined with the organizers of FPCC for the second time to link its one-day March Insurance Seminar with the two-day October FPCC event,” said NAPIA Executive Director David Barrack.
Speakers and topics for FPCC West 2013 include:
- “Equipment Breakdown Insurance: Coverage and Claims,” by Ivo Labar, Esq., Kerr & Wagstaffe LLP
- “The Wear and Tear and Similar Exclusions in Wind and Water Claims,” by Charles M. Miller, Esq., InsuranceLawCenter
- “How Public Adjusters Can Still Get Paid When a Claim Goes to Litigation,” by Christopher Grivakes, Esq., Affeld Grivakes Zucker LLP
- “Evaluation of Hurricane and Wind Damage Loss Investigations,” by Dilip Khatri, PhD, S.E., Khatri International, Inc.
- “Public Adjuster Ethics — Dealing With Clients Appropriately,” by Glenn Rosen, Esq. of Merlin Law Group; Francis Doherty, Esq. of Doherty Georgeson, LLP; and Ivo Labar, Esq.
Online registration for FPCC West 2013 is available at www.napia.com. Room reservations can be made by calling the Marina del Rey Hotel at 800-882-4000 or 310-301-1000 and asking for the NAPIA group rate of $129 single/double. All first party claims professionals – including adjusters, public adjusters and attorneys – are welcome to attend.
For more information, visit www.firstpartyclaims.com.
Source: National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.