PG&E Sued by Family of Electrocution Victim

November 5, 2012

Pacific Gas & Electric Co. is being sued by the family of a San Mateo, Calif., man who died after being electrocuted by a fallen power line.

The San Mateo County Times reports the wife and daughters of 55-year-old Enrique Tello filed the lawsuit Wednesday in San Mateo County Superior Court. The family is seeking a jury trial and unspecified damages.

The lawsuit claims Tello was shocked by a power line that fell in his yard on April 20, but paramedics couldn’t immediately help him because PG&E failed to quickly shut off the high-voltage current. Tello was pronounced dead less than an hour later at Stanford Hospital.

PG&E officials called Tello’s death a tragic accident and say they will continue discussions with the family to reach a “swift and equitable resolution.”

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.