Dozens of people say they feel sick after having a turkey dinner at a Denver, Colo., rescue mission.
Denver Fire Department Lt. Phil Champagne says about 340 people ate the meal at the Denver Rescue Mission around 5 p.m. Sunday. The dinner was donated by a caterer. Within 45 minutes, many of the people who had eaten began vomiting and complaining of dehydration and diarrhea.
Among those sickened was Willie Dovey, who says he hadn’t eaten the turkey dinner.
Champagne says officials suspect the turkey was contaminated, but they don’t know for certain. However, officials tested the air and other environmental factors at the rescue mission, and everything was clear. Champagne expects health officials will test the turkey.
Champagne says at least 30 people have been taken to hospitals.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.