Burn Barrel Fires Spreads Destroying Idaho Garage

July 6, 2012

A person burning household garbage on a windy day in southwestern Idaho ignited a grass fire that spread to a mobile home’s garage.

The fire on Tuesday afternoon was extinguished by Nampa Fire Department personnel, but not before it destroyed the garage.

The agency says the occupants of the mobile home were lucky.

The blaze was put out before the fire could destroy their home and belongings, thanks to firefighters who entered the structure and forced back the flames.

There’s a burn ban in effect, which prohibits fires in areas covered by the Nampa Fire Department.

The department says not only is burning household waste illegal, but it’s very offensive because of odors.

Firefighters say take it to the landfill instead, or have a garbage company come pick it up.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.