Investigators: Northern Idaho Fire Likely Arson

March 8, 2012

Fire investigators say a fire that destroyed a northern Idaho helmet business and a vacuum cleaner business was likely caused by arson.

The Coeur d’Alene Press reports that investigators found a gas can under a desk in the building housing Helmet Outlet USA. A report from the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department states that Fire Marshal Jeryl Archer II determined that gasoline had been poured on the desk before the fire started.

The Friday night blaze also destroyed a Kirby vacuum business located in the same building.

Michael Murphy, who owns the building and the helmet business, said both are considered a total loss.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.