Fire in West Las Vegas Strip Mall Ruled Accidental

January 11, 2012

Fire officials think an electrical malfunction sparked a fire that ripped through the attic of a West Las Vegas strip mall containing a market, shoe shine business, hair salon, building company and church.

No injuries were reported in the blaze a little after 3 p.m. Sunday. The one-story shopping center is located at Revere and Hart streets northwest of downtown.

Fire spokesman Tim Szymanski says the fire was ruled an accident. Damage was estimated at $70,000.

Szymanski says the businesses and the Church of Divine Appointment received smoke and water damage, but the work areas weren’t burned.

People in the hair salon and the church later said they smelled something burning for about an hour before firefighters were called.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.