Car Fire Spreads to Washington Home

December 13, 2011

A fire that damaged a Spokane, Wash., home started with a car fire.

The occupant was working on the car Saturday, trying to cut off the fuel tank with a torch when he burned a hole in the tank and ignited gasoline.

Assistant Spokane Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer told The Spokesman-Review Sunday that burning gasoline flowed to the house and ignited vinyl siding. Flames spread to the attic of the house.

Firefighters who doused the flames found about 40 marijuana plants in the basement. The resident said he had a medical marijuana card, but it had expired.

Police seized the marijuana.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.