A New Mexico woman has sued a restaurant chain after allegedly finding a sewing needle while eating a meal.
Ashley Phillips says she was eating a plate of ribs last July at Farmington’s Chili’s Restaurant and Grill when she felt a piercing pain in her tongue during a bite of mashed potatoes.
After retrieving the about 2-inch needle from her tongue, the 23-year-old Phillips says Chili’s employees took it from her.
Phillips told the Farmington Daily Times that she and her husband went back to the restaurant the next day to request the needle for testing.
The couple claims it took Chili’s took 52 days to get the needle sent to a lab for testing.
Representatives of both Chili’s Restaurant and Grill and Chili’s Inc. declined to comment.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.